Presbyterian Women (PW) is a national organization of the PC(USA) that provides excellent Bible and spirituality resources and mission opportunities targeted to women. St. Stephen’s PW offers meetings (‘circles”) at a variety of times to accommodate women in all walks of life. Daytime meetings are generally on the second Tuesday of the month, September through May, with the PW Council in the Session Room at 9:30 a.m. and the PW Day Circle, “Morning Glory Circle”, following at 10:30 a.m. in the Eastminster room for Bible Study and light snacks. L.O.T.E. Circle meets in the evening at 6:30pm on the third Monday for Bible study and covered dish supper at the homes of L.O.T.E. members, the location will be published before each meeting or you may call the office for this month’s location.
All women of St. Stephen are welcome to be included in circles. The study book for each year is available in the church office.
Presbyterian Women members are involved in many mission and service programs for the church. Some of these are:
- TLC – provides a reception after Memorial Services
- Knitting Guild — members meet weekly to knit prayer shawls and blankets
- Birthday Card Ministry — send birthday cards to members of the congregation
- Monday Visitation – members arrange the flowers from Sunday and take them to shut-ins
- Members of PW also serve on Session, as Deacons and on many committees of the church