Select PNS Lunches Under “Fund.” Read below for more info.
Since mid-March through May 27, St. Stephen has delivered 3,866 sack lunches and is now delivering more than to 500 sack lunches weekly.
We also have delivered 152 towels and 127 sheets.
The generosity of St. Stephen members and friends continues to make this possible through:
• Designated cash contributions to cover the cost of approximately $1.65 per sack lunch,
• Donations of jam, cookies, granola bars, chips and other product items included in the lunches, and
• The time donated by our team of 20+ who make PB&J sandwiches each week.
These sack lunches provide meals for guests of the night shelters, day shelter and women and children’s center, as well as for workers in PNS’s employment program. PNS’ need for meals has increased because of reassignment of staff, discontinuation of some volunteer participation and social distancing requirements resulting from COVID-19 concerns.
To help further meet this need, St. Stephen has committed to add 50+ sack lunches to its delivery for May and June, or 400-500+ sack lunches each week.
With heightened sanitation concerns, social distancing and shelter-at-home requirements, volunteer opportunities are necessarily limited. However, we continue to welcome your participation by donating the following items used to prepare the sack lunches, or to otherwise help PNS serve its guests:
- Jam, any flavor (32 oz. or larger jars— store-bought, not homemade)
- Granola/ trail mix bars, any variety (left in original packaging, unopened, as purchased in store)
- Cookies (e.g., Nabisco, Keebler, etc., not homemade— left in original packaging, unopened, as purchased in store)
- Potato chips (or Doritos, Cheetos or similar) in individual serving packages of approximately 1 ounce.
- Twin fitted sheets (new or clean/ gently used)
- Bath towels (new or clean/ gently used)
NOTE: We do NOT want anyone to put themselves in additional or unnecessary exposure to acquire and donate any of these items. Please only purchase items when you are doing your own shopping and maintaining safe social distancing, or via online shopping and delivery.
Alternatively, you can make a monetary donation to help cover the costs of these lunches, which is approximately $1.65 per lunch, or about $700 each week. Your donation should be designated for PNS Lunches, and can be made online via the St. Stephen website.
Donations can also be made directly to PNS to help them cover their added costs incurred during the COVID-19 crisis.
Please contact Mike Tyson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matt Loynachan (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Many thanks to everyone supporting this important project!